Sunday, May 27, 2012

Heaven Is For Real

Heaven Is For Real



I am a Methodist and I believe in Heaven. I have always had my own thoughts about the after life and what Heaven would be like. Reading this book enlightened me on some things that I have never thought about.
On the other hand- I feel like this book was 90% filler. The story of what this child experienced could have been summed up in less than 25 pages. The story is told through the father's eyes. Todd is a clergy member and has had his own experiences with being ill (which we learn in depth about in the book), but the story is centered around his son, Colton's illness and near death experience. Colton had major medical issues and was brought to a hospital after what I think is too LONG of a time by his parents. During that time Colton meets God and some other people when he unconscious.
I believe this child and family had an amazing experience, but couldn't get past the filler and fluff. Also the book is written 7 years after the experience. This child is now 10 and could have narrated this book himself.
I would still say read it if you are someone who is religious. It is interesting and a quick read.
Read January 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment