Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons

 Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons

I read this book for my Book Club. I was very skeptical at first and did not think I would like it at all. I had a hard time getting into the book, but then all of a sudden it just picked up!
The book focus is on 5 women who were wives and mothers living on the same street in the 60's. The women decide to start a book club to give them some adult time and female companionship. The author picked moments out of their lives and narrated it through different characters. The book continued on until the late 90's and the readers were able to learn of so many things in these women’s lives. Religion, politics, gay children, abuse, and adoption to name a few.
I loved the book. It gave such insight to the times the women lived in and what true friendship means. Being in a book clubmyself it really touched home with me. I recommend the book for anyone in a book club or adult women of any age!
Read July 2011


No comments:

Post a Comment