Monday, February 28, 2011

Don't Sing at the Table...

This was Trigiani's first book of Nonfiction. I have read many other books by this author and have loved her writing style. I was hoping that some of the same storytelling would shine through in this book, and I was not disappointed.
Trigiani wrote this book in homage to her Grandmothers and the lessons that she learned through her family. We learn about two women who are alike in many ways yet lived different lives and helped shaped the authors life. As a person who is very close to my grandparents I found this book to be well written and interesting. In some ways I think this book could be defined as a "how to" for women. There is emphasis on manners, entertaining and being a strong independent loving woman. All things that shine through in the fiction works for Trigiani.
I liked this book. It was something unexpected from one of my favorite authors.
Read February 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment