Monday, January 24, 2011

The Secret Life of Cee Cee Wilkes


This book was a pick from my Book Club. I have never heard of Chamberlain before but she has it written over 15 books. This book was a fast read. The story of Cee Cee was beautifully written and interesting.
In the beginning of the book I was not sure that I would enjoy the story. The beginning plot seemed overly explained and there was so much detail that I felt as if I knew every thing about the character and would not learn more. I was wrong.  By the middle of the book I found my self thinking of what was going on with the characters when I was not reading the story. I was putting myself in the main characters and secondary characters shoes.
Chamberlain raises a lot of questions on the right way to "parent" and raise a child? What do you do when the truth is unfolding in front of your eyes? Also who are you when you have no family? I think this is a great book and a good read for just about any woman. The book raised a lot of great discussion questions for the book club and I find myself recommending it to others.
Read January 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment