Friday, June 17, 2011

L.A. Candy

I am going to come right out and call this a new guilty pleasure. I did not expect to like it. I was interested in what it was about and picked it up at a garage sale for $1. This book is listed as Young Adult reading was a fast read. I found the book to be a bit slow at the start and then it picked up.
Being that I watched the author original 'reality' show Laguna Beach and some of the spin off The Hills I wondered how much of what was written about instant stardom was real or not. I found the use of the word "sweetie" to be over used. I cringed reading it so many times. The book follows Jane and Scarlett, new to LA and picked to be on a reality series with 2 other girls. Jane is made to seem like a saint through out the book, and it makes me wonder is this how the author sees herself? Scarlett on the other hand seems to have a good head on her shoulders and was not in this book enough in my opinion. Right away there is back stabbing, plotting and romance. The book ends on a cliff hanger and  in my opinion it was a fun read. I plan on reading the next two books.
Read June 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment